Medena Knespl (Head Coach)
Originally from London, UK, Medena coaches the majority of our sessions in Boston, and has coached over 50 triathletes, runners and swimmers for the past 8 years. She grew up racing tri in London as young as 14, and is a Team USA and All American triathlete specializing in open water swimming and technique. With a strong D1 track background, she also excels in developing running efficiency and speed. Her vibrant and energetic personality will keep your sessions fun as well as productive! She assistant-coached the Pose Running Method with two time Olympic Running coach Dr. Nicholas Romanov, and also demonstrated the Total Immersion swimming method in London, UK. She is CPR and First Aid certified. She races elite tri for Wheelworks in Belmont, MA, and runs track and XC for Greater Boston Track Club.
- 3rd Pro/Elite at San Diego Internation Tri, 2015
- Bronze medal for Team USA in World Aquathlon Champs 2013
- 13th in AG for Team USA at World Triathlon Champs 2013
- Ranked top 10 in USA in 2013, All American Honours for 2011-14
- Raced Track & Field and Cross Country for Boston College for 4 yrs.
- NCAA Div. 1 Regional 5KM Qualifier
- Sponsored Elite Triathlete for Wheelworks Multisport
Deyan Knespl (Assistant Coach)
Formerly a junior elite triathlon and collegiate rower, Deyan is a REPS Level 3 Personal Trainer, Kettlebell Instructor, Circuit Training Coach and Certified in First Aid. He is also an ASA accredited Aquatics and Swimming Teacher as well as UK Lawn Tennis Association accredited Tennis Coach. His sporting achievements include:
- Consistent Top 10 Ranking in UK for Junior Elite Triathlon & Duathlon (2005-9)
- 7th in National Junior Duathlon 2006
- Qualified for World Junior Xterra Champs in KONA (2nd at National Xterra Champs in UK, 2007)
- Great Britain Rowing Talent Team Trials 2010
- County Level in Cross Country and Swimming (with Hercules AC and Kingston Royals AC)